Who operates Directions Counselling?
Directions Counselling is operated by Christine Wells, a Senior BACP Accredited Counsellor/Psychotherapist, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Stress Management Practitioner and Eating Disorder Practitioner.
Christine is qualified with:
- BA(Hons) in Humanistic and Integrative Counselling (first class)
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis
- Diploma in Stress Management Training
- Diploma in Eating Disorders
- Advanced Diploma in Eating Disorders & Obesity
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Level 2 Practitioner
- Certificate in Hypnosis
- Clinical NLP Practitioner
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Young Persons Counselling
Christine's professional memberships include:
- BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) Senior Accredited Member
- UKRCP (United Kingdom Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists)
- NCH (National Council For Hypnotherapy) Licentiate Member
- Family Consultant Counsellor with the Collaborative Family Law Group Surrey/Hampshire
As a Senior Accredited Counsellor of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy), I am bound by its ethical framework for good practice in counselling and psychotherapy and subject to the professional conduct procedure therein.
Will Counselling Help?
We all have times in our lives when we may feel confused and trapped and our energies low. We can often keep on repeating the same patterns of behaviour and possibly believing that we cannot change and that is just the way things are. The truth is that change is possible.
We can often carry outdated beliefs about ourselves in our mind or learned behaviours from our past which we do not always question as to whether they still actually really help us, or are holding us back from living our lives.
Through awareness and understanding of those old behaviours we can start to let go of the ones that do not help us. Unravelling these through counselling can give us a conscious choice. We can be helped to gain a different perspective, learn new tools, deeper insight, self respect and ultimately change for the better, learning step by step to take responsibility for our own lives and finding a way forward to reach inner peace and fulfilment.