Who operates Directions Counselling?
Directions Counselling is operated by Christine Wells, a Senior BACP Accredited Counsellor, Clinical Hypnotherapist, Stress Management Practitioner and Eating Disorder Practitioner.
Christine is qualified with:
- Diploma in Humanistic Counselling based on Transactional Analysis,
- Diploma in Stress Management Training,
- Diploma in Eating Disorders,
- Advanced Diploma in Eating Disorders & Obesity,
- Emotional Freedom Technique (EFT) Level 2 Practitioner,
- Certificate in Hypnosis,
- Clinical NLP Practitioner,
- Diploma in Clinical Hypnosis
- Certificate in Couples Counselling
- Certificate in Young Persons Counselling
Christine's professional membership include:
- BACP (British Association of Counselling & Psychotherapy) Senior Accredited Member
- UKRCP (United Kingdom Register of Counsellors & Psychotherapists)
- NCH (National Council For Hypnotherapy) Licentiate Member
- NCFED(The National Centre For Eating Disorders) - Affiliate Member
As a Senior Accredited Counsellor of BACP (British Association of Counselling and Psychotherapy), I am bound by its ethical framework for good practice in counselling and psychotherapy and subject to the professional conduct procedure therein.
Will Counselling Help?
We all have times in our lives when we feel confused and trapped, and our energies low. We often keep on repeating the same patterns of behaviour, believing that we cannot change and that is just the way things are, or we can keep on attracting the wrong type of person for us to be with. The truth is that we can all change.
We often carry outdated beliefs about ourselves in our mind or learned behaviours from our past which we do not always question as to whether they still actually really help us, or are holding us back from living our lives.
Through awareness and understanding of those old behaviours we can start to let go of the ones that do not help us. Unravelling these through counselling gives us choice. We can be helped to gain a different perspective, learn new tools, deeper insight and self respect and ultimately change for the better, learning step by step to take responsibility for our own lives and finding a way forward to reach inner peace and fulfilment.